We understand that Sideline might not work for everyone, so that is why we have provided instructions below on how to cancel your subscription.
Cancellations must be done through the App Store to avoid further charges.
Cancel Subscription for iOS:
If you need to cancel a Sideline subscription, you can do so from your device's Settings. Follow the instructions below to cancel the reoccurring subscription from your mobile device:
- Enter your device Settings and scroll to find iTunes & App Store
- Tap on your Apple ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tap on View Apple ID
- Scroll to find Subscriptions
- Under "Active" subscriptions, tap on Sideline and Cancel Subscription
- Continue to Step 2 if a refund is requested.
If you are on iOS version 12.1.4 or 12.2 (beta), you can manage your subscription by:
- Opening the App Store
- Tap your profile (you should see your photo at the top right corner)
- Click on 'Manage Subscriptions'
Refund Charges for iOS:
Sideline does not have the ability to process refunds since all purchases are processed through your app store. To request a refund through Apple, follow these steps below:
- Log in with your Apple ID
- Find Sideline in your Purchases list
- Click on Report a Problem
- In the Choose Problem dropdown, select "Didn't mean to purchase this item"
*Apple should process the refund within 48 hours.
Cancel Subscription for Android:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store
- Tap Menu Subscriptions.
- Tap the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
Important: Uninstalling an app will not automatically stop your subscription. You must cancel your subscription to end your subscription. If you uninstall the app without canceling your subscription, you will still be charged. If an app you've purchased a subscription for is removed from Google Play, your future subscription will be automatically canceled but past subscriptions will not be refunded.
To cancel a subscription via the Web, please visit the Google Play Store and sign in with your ID credentials. Click on Subscriptions & Services on the left-hand side. Your active subscriptions will be listed and you can click Manage to cancel.
Access after you cancel
When you cancel a subscription you will still have access to your subscription for the remainder of time you have already paid for.
For example, if you purchased a one-year subscription on Jan. 1 for $99.99 and decide to cancel your subscription on July 1, you will have access to the subscription until Dec. 31 (of that year), but you will not be charged another yearly subscription of $99.99 the following Jan. 1.
If you need to update or change your payment method for upcoming renewals, please see our help site article: How do I update my payment method?
Questions? Email us!