Note: Team Sharing (formerly known as Team Number) is no longer available for new Sideline subscribers but we will continue to support existing Team Sharing accounts. If you are a new customer and are interested in Sideline's Team Sharing plan, please subscribe to Index which includes Sideline's baseline Team Sharing features plus additional business tools. (Upgrade Instructions)
These instructions are specifically for:
- Team Sharing (formerly known as Team Number) accounts who wish to switch to a Standard account.
- Team accounts who wish to close or "disband the team"
- Required for Team Accounts who want to port their number out.
To upgrade to Index's Team Sharing plan, read above for more info.
Step 1: Remove all members from the Team (if applicable)
If you currently share your number with other team members, you'll need to remove them at this time. (If you are the only one on the team currently, please skip to Step 2 below.)
To remove a member of the team:
- Visit Sideline Settings.
- Tap Team Sharing.
- Remove team members from the account:
- iOS: Swipe left on the member name > tap Delete.
- Android: Tap the Edit button (three dots) next to the member > tap Remove.
Repeat step #3 until all members of the team have been successfully removed.
Step 2: Remove yourself from the Team
After all team members have been removed from the account:
- Sideline Settings
- Tap 'Team Sharing'
- Swipe left on your name to remove/delete yourself from the team
Step 3: Choose to keep or change your Sideline number
After you delete your name from the team, you'll be presented with a pop-up containing two options relating to your current Sideline number (pictured below):
Tap Cancel if you wish to keep your Team Sharing account and forego switching to a Standard account.
Option 1: Keep Number & Leave Team
This option allows you to keep your Sideline number after you are removed from the Team Sharing account. If you choose this option, your Team Sharing account will be converted to a Standard account automatically.
Option 2: Change Sideline Number
If you choose this option, your Team Sharing account will be converted to a new Standard account in which you'll be prompted to choose a new number to use with Sideline upon login.
After you've selected to change your number:
- Tap 'Log In'
- Choose a new number (starting with the area code)
- Tap 'Search Available Numbers'
- Once you've chosen your desired number, tap 'Choose this Number'
- Enter your number and your current Sideline password
- Tap 'Confirm Account'
You will now have a Standard account with a new Sideline number.
If you have further questions in regards to this process, please submit a request and we'll gladly assist you.