Do you have a special phone number or business line that you would like to use with Sideline? If so, you can easily port your existing number into Sideline.
Porting is the term used for transferring a phone number from one service provider to another.
Below you will find some general information about the port-in process, and step-by-step instructions about how to port your number into Sideline.
- There is no charge to port your number into Sideline
- Once you port a number into Sideline, you have to port that number out of Sideline before you can port another number in
- Only one port-in request can be active at any given time
- You can only port a U.S. number into Sideline
- Do NOT cancel your current service plan before your number has been successfully ported
- You must first choose a Sideline number before you can port a non-Sideline number in
- Choose any number for the meantime while you wait for your number to be ported in.
- Check out our Guide to Porting your Number to see what information you'll need from your service provider to successfully port your number into Sideline.
1. From Sideline Settings, Scroll down and tap on Number Porting
2. Enter the number you are trying to port, and tap Next
3. Enter the phone number you want to transfer and tap Validate
4. After you complete the steps involved in porting your number, our service provider, Bandwidth will check to see if your number is available to port. There are three possible outcomes to this process:
- Your number can be ported
- Your number cannot be ported
- Your number can be ported, but you need to contact support first
Before we can fulfill the porting process, we need to verify you own the telephone number you’re trying to transfer. To do this we need some information about your account.
1. Your number can be ported
Once we are able to validate the number you are trying to port, you will be asked to provide specific Carrier account information in order to move forward with the port-in process.
- You can find the list of information you will need from your Carrier in our help site article: Guide to Porting Your Number
- No PIN is required for landline numbers
The process can take about 3-5 days to complete. We’ll let you know when the transfer is complete.
- If your request was rejected by Bandwidth, you will see a message that says "Sorry, we can't transfer this number" or that it has been canceled. Unfortunately, this means that there is no way we can port your number into Sideline.
- You will see a "Needs Review" message. If the port has been pending for more than 1-5 days without an update, please contact us so we can investigate further.
Once you’ve successfully completed the number porting process, you can check the status of your number transfer in the Settings page of your Sideline app.
If you have further questions about the porting process or need more information, check out our Porting FAQs.
If you have further questions, please submit a request.