Do you have a GoDaddy SmartLine number you'd like to use as your Sideline number? If so, follow the steps in this guide to port (transfer) your number into Sideline.
- Create a Sideline account & choose a temporary Sideline number.
- Unlock your number with GoDaddy.
- Port your number into Sideline.
Step 1: Create a Sideline account & choose a temporary number
- Follow the detailed steps seen in How to create a Sideline Standard account.
- Already have an account? Please log in, and then continue to the next step.
- When prompted to choose a number, please select ANY number as this is only temporary and will be replaced with your SmartLine number once you complete the port-in process.
- Note: There's no option to add your SmartLine number during the account creation process (you will be able to do that later)
Step 2: Unlock your number with GoDaddy & request account details
How to unlock your number:
- Send an email (from the primary contact email address on file with GoDaddy) to numberunlock@GoDaddy.com asking them to "unlock your number for porting"
- You will receive an email reply from GoDaddy acknowledging the number unlock request with the estimated time frame that the unlock may take (3-7 business days)
- Once they've approved the request, you'll receive another email that will include the following account details that Sideline requires for porting:
- Account Number: Typically found on your bill or online account.
PIN: Provided by GoDaddy after unlocking your number (may take 3-7 days to receive).
- If they mention no PIN will be provided, enter 0000 in the PIN field.
- Billing Telephone Number, Account Owner's Name, and Billing Address*: Ensure these match GoDaddy records accurately to prevent issues during porting.
Important about billing address:
- The physical address is where your GoDaddy bills are sent or the retail location where your service was activated.
- PO Box addresses are not accepted for porting and will cause the port to be rejected.
Step 3: Port your number INTO Sideline
Once you've completed the steps above, you can port your SmartLine number into Sideline.
- Access Sideline Settings and navigate to Number Porting within the app.
- Enter your SmartLine number, tap Next, and then enter the account details that GoDaddy provided.
- If no PIN was provided, enter 0000 in the PIN field. If an error occurs, contact support.
- Verify your number by responding "Yes" to the Sideline verification text or opt for a phone call if you're unable to receive texts.