If you attempt to port-in a number(s) that we do not accept, you are likely to receive the in-app error "please contact customer support for this number." The following number 'types' are not accepted for porting into Sideline:
- International numbers
- Phone numbers that belong to the non-contiguous United States
- Hawaii, Alaska, and Puerto Rico area codes
- Toll-free/1-800 numbers
- "Old numbers" on an account
- i.e. a number you had a while back but is no longer active on your current account
- Your registered phone number
- i.e. the number you used when registering for a Sideline account
- Off-Net rate center numbers*
*Rate Center Numbers - All phone numbers are registered to what is called a rate center. Numbers have a physical location and belong to specific rate centers and cannot move from them. When you port from one service to another (Sprint to AT&T for example), the number still belongs to the same rate center, it simply moves from one account to the next. However, in order to port a number, the gaining carrier (us for example) will have to have a relationship with the rate center that the number belongs to.
Further questions? Submit a request.