Do you have your own special number or business line that you'd like to use as your Sideline number? If so, you can port that number into Sideline, however, there are a few exceptions so please read the info carefully before you begin the porting process.
General info before you get started:
- It is free to port your number into Sideline.
- Only one port-in request can be active at any given time.
- Any previous calls, messages, and/or voicemails with your previous carrier will not transfer to Sideline. Only the number itself is carried over.
- We cannot import calls or messages from your old carrier to Sideline.
- Once you port a number into Sideline, you have to port that number out before you can port another number in.
- You cannot port a number into Sideline if the number you're using for Sideline was ported in.
- Do NOT cancel your current service plan before your number has been successfully ported.
- You must first choose a Sideline number before you can port a non-Sideline number in.
- Choose any number in the meantime while you wait for your number to be ported in.
Numbers that can be ported into Sideline:
- Landline numbers
- Mobile numbers (that belong to the Contiguous United States only)
Numbers that cannot be ported and used as a Sideline number:
- Phone numbers that belong to the non-contiguous states (i.e. HI, AK, and Puerto Rico area codes)
- Non-U.S. phone numbers (International numbers)
- Toll-free numbers
- 1-800 numbers
- The number that you used to register for a Sideline account
- Off-Net rate center numbers
If you attempt to port any of the above numbers into Sideline, you will receive an error to contact support, but ultimately, you will be unable to use that number as your Sideline number.
Required Account Information
There are five pieces of account information you will need to port your number into Sideline. To obtain the information seen below, please log into your Carrier account or contact their support department.
What we require for porting into Sideline:
- Name of the account holder*
- Account Number
- Billing Address*
- Telephone Number
Tip: If you need to confirm the information above, we suggest contacting your Carrier and asking for a Customer Service Record (CSR) as this is where your account information resides. (Instructions)
Note about the above info:
- Name: Must exactly match what the carrier has on file. If it doesn't, it may cause the port to be rejected.
Address: Physical address as it displays on your account.
- Example: If you enter "South Highway" but your account shows "S. HWY" this will cause the port to be rejected.
- PO Box addresses will cause the port to be rejected.
- PIN: If no PIN is provided by your carrier, please use 0000 as a generic PIN. You cannot submit a port without a PIN as this is a required field. (More info)