Note: Team Sharing (formerly known as Team Number) is no longer available for new Sideline subscribers but we will continue to support existing Team Sharing accounts. If you are a new customer and are interested in Sideline's Team Sharing plan, please subscribe to Index which includes Sideline's baseline Team Sharing features plus additional business tools. (Upgrade Instructions)
If you're trying to add members to your Team Sharing (formerly known as Team Number) account and have received one of the following error messages:
- "Unable to invite to Team Sharing"
- "Already associated with another Sideline or TextFree number. Please ask the recipient to deactivate their current account, and then re-invite them."
This is because the team member you were trying to invite may already have an active (or inactive) account with either Sideline or our other service TextFree.
Sideline does not permit multiple accounts at a time, so you can only send invitations for Team Sharing to those who do not already have an existing account including Teams.
If the invitee has an existing account:
- Have the person you invited close their account.
- Re-send the invite after you've confirmed their old account is closed.
- Have the person accept the invite.
To confirm the invite was sent/accepted:
- Sideline Settings (person who sent the invite).
- Tap Team Sharing -> Next to the name/number, you'll see either (pending or accepted).
- Pending = the invite was sent but not accepted.
- Accepted = the invite was successfully accepted and the person is now part of the Team.
If you need further assistance, please submit a request.