While Sideline numbers are meant to be permanent, we understand there are circumstances where a new phone number might be necessary.
- You can change your number through the Sideline app daily (only if needed).
- You will have 30 seconds to choose a new number before the session times out.
- You do NOT need to delete or cancel your account to change your number. You can change it within the Sideline mobile app (steps seen below).
- Once you change your number, you will not receive calls and messages to the old number (Sideline does not have the ability to forward calls from one Sideline number to another)
To change your phone number within the Sideline app:
- Sideline Settings.
- Tap Account info.
- Tap your current Sideline number.
- On the next screen, tap on Change Sideline Number.
- Android: Tap Continue to choose a new number starting with the area code.
- iOS: Tap Search by City, or Search by Area Code to find a new number (see below for more info)
(iOS users) How to search for a Sideline number by city/location:
Follow steps 1-4 seen above, then proceed to:
- Enter your desired city/location in the search field.
- A drop-down menu will display the location(s) that match your search.
- If you find the location you want, click it.
- A list of the available numbers in your city will then display.
- Once you've found the number you want, select it.
- Tap the Choose This Number to confirm your selection (or tap Change Selection to go back).
Need to change the cell phone number that is registered with your account? If so, please check out our help site article on how to change your registered cell phone number.
If you need further assistance, please submit a request.