This article serves as a quick how-to guide to help you get familiarized with using Sideline. Click a topic below to learn more:
- Inbox View
- Toolbar Options
- Sending a Message
- Placing a Phone Call
- Receiving a Phone Call
- Managing Voicemail
Once you've created your account, you'll be sent to your Inbox view where you'll find your calls, messages, and voicemails.
Note: All calls & message logs are housed within the individual conversation, there is no separate voicemail inbox or call/missed call list.
- Settings Menu: View your account/subscription info as well as Sideline features for calling and messaging (and much more).
- Address Book: Where your Sideline contacts are stored.
- Dial Pad: Call a new number or one that you have saved to your contacts.
- Compose Message: Compose a new message.
Please Note: Since calls go through your service provider, you can find any voicemail from within your device's call log.
Sending a Message
To send a message:
- Tap the pen icon at the top right
- Add the name or the phone number of your contact
- If you would like to send a photo, tap the camera icon to the left of the text box. Choose to take a photo or choose from your camera roll
Receiving a new message: Any unread messages will have a green dot on the left-hand side. Tap on the message in your inbox to enter the conversation.
Placing a Phone Call
To call a saved contact:
- Tap on the address book icon along the top toolbar to search your contact list
- Type the name of your contact in the search bar or scroll until you find the contact from your list
To call a new number (not in your contact list):
- Tap the dial pad
- Type in the number
- Tap on call
Receiving a Phone Call
A gray screen with the green Sideline logo will appear to let you know when you're receiving a Sideline call versus a call to your mobile number. If you are not connected to data or do not have a contact saved in your contact list, you will only see "Incoming Sideline Call"
Android users: To personalize, you can also add a profile picture for your contacts (follow the same steps as you normally would in your address book)
To keep your Sideline voicemail and native voicemails separate, you have two options:
- Forward Calls to Voicemail
- Enable the Forward Calls to Voicemail under Sideline Settings.
- Anytime you receive a call to your Sideline number, the caller will be sent straight to the Sideline voicemail greeting you've set.
- Let the call ring through - Don't decline
- When you're receiving a call to your Sideline number, your phone will show "Sideline - 14085551234" OR "Sideline - Sally" for example. Instead of declining the call, let it ring all the way through to voicemail.
- If you decline the call, it's possible your Carrier will pick up the call, sending it to your device voicemail instead. To prevent this from happening, enable Call Announcement under Sideline Settings.
- Is your device voicemail playing before your Sideline greeting? Check out this article on how to separate your device and Sideline voicemails.
- View this article for instructions on how to set up a custom voicemail.
If you have further questions or need assistance, please submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.