Have you received the following error message in Sideline:
"Whoops! Sorry - something didn't go through! Please check your network connection, then try again"
If so, this article should help address how to resolve this issue.
Please try the following steps below to ensure that you have a solid connection to our Sideline servers as well as the possible reasoning behind why you are experiencing a network error.
- Force close and reopen the app
- Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
- Reset your network connection (iOS users only)
- Reinstall Sideline
Step 1: Force close and reopen the app
Closing the Sideline app and then reopening is good practice for app functionality and is a simple routine to perform on a regular basis.
Apple device steps:
- Open your phone's Settings app
- Tap Apps & notifications the app. If needed, tap App info before the app
- Tap Force stop OK
Step 2: Check that you are connected to a data network or WiFi
To check your connection:
- Open up a web browser on your phone
- Perform a Google search
Important: For Android users, please move on to step 3.
Step 3: Reset your Network connections (iPhone users only)
For iPhone users, this will reset any saved passwords and usernames in Safari as well as any preset network information.
To reset your Network connection:
- Device 'Settings'
- Reset Network Connections
Step 4: Reinstall the application
Sometimes connection issues do come up so it's best to start fresh by reinstalling the app.
Important for reinstall:
- Sideline does not support OS versions below 7. Devices on OS 6 or below can still use the app, but will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store, which often contain bug fixes or updates to the existing features or functionality.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above to receive any future updates to Sideline.
- Sideline does not support iOS versions below 13. In order to use Sideline, you must have iOS 13, 14, or 15+ on your device.
For a completely clean install:
- Delete the app from your device
- Restart your device
- Reinstall the app from the app store
Important: You may lose messages if you reinstall the application, dependent on account usage.
If you are still experiencing the error message and need further assistance, please submit a request.