Receiving the following error message when attempting to log into Sideline mobile:
"Something Went Wrong - There may be an issue with your connection. Please try again or visit our help center if you need a hand."
- Using Sideline mobile to log in
Cause & Resolution
Before you begin troubleshooting - Are you trying to use Sideline while traveling outside the US? If so, this may be the reason you are experiencing issues with the app.
If you are currently within the US, please follow the troubleshooting steps below in an attempt to resolve your login issue.
Top two causes of the error message: Weak internet connection and/or using VPN with Sideline.
- Check WiFi connection - Sideline uses your carrier data and connection to function properly, so without a stable connection, you may encounter issues with logging into Sideline.
Disconnect VPN and reconnect to WiFi (if applicable) - some common IP addresses associated with a VPN may be blocked which could be causing your login issue & reason for receiving the error. (more info)
- Tip: Disconnect your mobile VPN or if possible, change the location of your VPN to see if the VPN location was causing the log in issue.
If you are still unable to log in after establishing a strong WiFi connection while not using a VPN, we recommend disabling WiFI altogether and using your cell data to log in (to determine if the WiFi connection is the issue)
If you're still experiencing issues, we suggest the following troubleshooting steps that we've seen resolve some login issues:
- Turn on Airplane Mode for 2 minutes > Restart Device > Attempt to log in
- Reset Network Settings
- Uninstall & Reinstall Sideline
Important regarding reinstall:
Android users: Sideline does not support OS versions below 7. Devices on OS 6 or below can still use the app, but will no longer be able to install any new versions of the app from the Google Play Store, which often contain bug fixes or updates to the existing features or functionality.
- Recommended: Upgrade your device's OS to 7 and above to receive any future updates to Sideline.
- iOS users: If you are on iOS version 12 or below, we advise against uninstalling Sideline as the app might not be available for reinstallation in iTunes due to the end of support for iOS 12 and below.
If you're still experiencing issues with logging into Sideline after working through the steps above, please submit a request and we will assist you.