If at any time Sideline is malfunctioning, try out some of the options below for resolving any issues:
Sideline Service Status Page
Please visit our Service Status Page first to see if there are any current disruptions that impact calling, texting, and app store purchases.
Log out and back into your account
- Sideline Settings
- Account Info
- Log out (please make sure you remember your password prior to logging out)
- Log back into your account with your Sideline number or registered number and password
Check your phone's OS version
Supported OS Versions:
- OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and above
- iOS 9.0 and above
If you are on an OS version below the mentioned above, we recommend updating your device.
Manage your Permissions
- Contacts: to sync your contacts with Sideline, and also allow your caller ID to display properly
- Photos: if sending picture/video messages through Sideline
Microphone: for phone calls, custom voicemail greetings, and recording videos
Through your device Settings, please ensure the necessary permissions are allowed if the problem experienced is related to contacts, photos, or the microphone.
- delete the app,
- restart your device (most important step)
- reinstall the app from the iTunes or Google Play app store
- Login with your Sideline number and password
Doing this will clear out any bad data in the app and ensure you are on the latest version.
Please note, this will remove all calling and messaging data older than 72 hours. We recommend first taking screenshots of any messages you would like to save.
If steps above do not resolve the issue, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'd be more than happy to get your account up and running again!