If you're experiencing either of the following:
- Receiving calls from your contact what appears to be an out-of-state number
- Contacts are only displaying their phone number, not their names
This is because the Sideline Pilot number is being displayed instead or there are some permissions that have been disabled.
To quickly fix this, please complete the following steps:
1. Enable "Call Announcement" in your Sideline settings. This will help slow the calls down and extend the ring time so you never miss another call, and help the correct Caller ID to appear.
2. If you continue to experience trouble, please go into your iPhone Contacts, search and delete "Sideline Incoming Call" contact, then place a quick test call to someone. Doing this will reset the routing number.
3. Or complete the Basic Troubleshooting steps if your calls are not displaying the correct Caller ID still.
Please note: Sideline is designed to be used as a second number for your mobile device and relies on your mobile service for managing communications. Therefore, you will need to use your Carrier cell phone number when registering for your account. Using a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) number, or a number not associated with your device, will result in the inability to register for an account and an inferior experience as Sideline is not designed for that use case.
If you’re on the latest Android OS, and you can't see who is calling/messaging you, check your device settings to confirm that contact permissions are enabled.
If you continue to experience trouble, please contact us - We'd be happy to get this resolved for you asap.