See below for more information on Caller ID issues and the reasoning behind why you might have a variance on what's being displayed on your caller ID for incoming Sideline calls.
- Receiving calls from your contact what appears to be an out-of-state number
- Contacts are only displaying their phone number, not their names
- Caller ID only displays "Incoming Sideline Call"
- You see your incoming pilot number on your Caller ID
Cause & Resolution
The above issues may be occurring because of a couple of factors:
- The Sideline Pilot number is being displayed instead of your contacts phone number
- One or more of the device permissions have been disabled
To describe this further, Sideline routes incoming calls by utilizing a pilot number. This pilot number is unique to each user's device and it is displayed in the form of "Incoming Sideline Call" or "Sideline Incoming Call". If you do not see your contact's name in the caller ID, please see below.
Complete the following steps if you're experiencing Caller ID issues:
- Option 1: Check your device permissions to ensure you've allowed Sideline access to your contacts.
- Option 2: Enable "Call Announcement" in your Sideline Settings. This will extend the ring time so you never miss another call, and give Sideline more time to ensure the correct caller ID populates.
- Option 3: Navigate to your device's address book, search and delete the "Sideline Incoming Call" contact, then place a quick test call to someone. Doing this will reset the pilot number and routing of your calls.
- Option 4: Or complete the Basic Troubleshooting steps if your calls are not displaying the correct Caller ID still.
Please note: Sideline is designed to be used as a second number for your mobile device and relies on your mobile service for managing communications. Therefore, you will need to use your Carrier cell phone number when registering for your account. Using a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) number, or a number not associated with your device, will result in the inability to register for an account, and an inferior experience as Sideline is not designed for that use case.
We do not offer the ability to set the Caller ID to display a company name at this time.
If you continue to experience trouble, please contact us - We'd be happy to get this resolved for you asap.