Do you have a special phone number or business line that you would like to port in? If so, you can port your number into Sideline by following the instructions below.
Before you begin: Visit Porting In: What you need to know to understand what types of numbers you can port in, what account information you will need to collect, and what to expect during the port-in process.
To port your number into Sideline
After you've contacted your carrier to collect the required port-in information and your Sideline account has been created (or you are logged into an existing one), you can start the port-in process.
- Visit Sideline app Settings.
- Scroll and tap Number Porting.
- Enter the 10-digit number you would like to port into Sideline.
- Click the 'Next' button.
- You will then receive a verification text message to the phone number you are requesting to port. Please reply “yes” on that phone to continue.
If you are unable to receive texts or calls to that number at this time, please reach out to our support team at this time. You cannot proceed with the port-in process until we can verify that the number is active and in your possession.
Few items to note after you have completed the above steps:
- Our porting Vendor (Bandwidth), will check the port request and phone number to determine if your number is available to port.
- The port-in process will take roughly 3-5 business days to complete.
- To check the status of your port, visit Sideline Settings > Number Porting.
- Any previous calls, messages, and/or voicemails with your previous carrier will not transfer to Sideline. Only the number itself is carried over.
For further assistance, please submit a request.
Article is closed for comments.